Pecan is a small Christian charity started by local churches that has been operational for 25 years. They help people who face seemingly impassable barriers to find a way through, to re-write their futures, to flourish. They work with the most vulnerable people in the community – including ex-offenders and their families, people living with mental health issues and the long-term unemployed.
Moving On is a Resettlement Coaching programme that offers up to 12 one-to-one coaching sessions, which are client led, trauma informed and gender specific. These are provided to young female ex-offenders (aged between 18-25) resettling in London. The programme works with women in HMP Holloway, HMP Bronzefield, HP East Sutton Park and HMP Downview, as well as working with women in the community.
The coaching is based on goal-setting, and provides a space for the client to think about her life choices and set goals for her future. A Resettlement Coach can help clients with:
- Rebuilding confidence and self-esteem
- Taking steps to overcome trauma and find ways to deal with the past
- Looking after yourself – emotionally and physically
- Help you to address drug and alcohol problems
- Help you to look for a suitable course or support finding a job
- Help you to sort out benefits and learn how to make a budget
- Establishing better relationships with your children and family
- Linking you up with other services
Please seek permission from Women’s Breakout or Pecan prior to using any extracts.
121a Peckham High Street
Accommodation / Advice and Support / Domestic Violence services / Health and Wellbeing / Life Skills / Substance Misuse /